You are special and important and no one else will see it if you don't do so first.Sometimes we bend until we break for someone else whether or not its appreciated. Now i have nothing against being kind or sacrificing for people you love.But here's the question... What about you? When was the last time you did something nice for yourself or said something nice to or about yourself.
It might seem a little off to think about devoting time to loving yourself but you should.You will be better at loving others when you start with you.
So here are some tips.
- STOP! Yeah just stop and breathe.Too often we are in a hurry to get things done.We just want to go go go.School,market,work...school again. Everyday.And even on days when we are off,there's no relaxation.You are stressing about tomorrow.Stop and give yourself a break.
- SEE- How far you've come.And give yourself credit for all your hard work. There might still be a long way to go but you have made it this far.Enjoy it.
- SAY- Nice things to and about yourself.I have a friend that replies compliments with''thanks,i know!'' and that always makes me laugh.There's a difference between conceit and confidence.So love yourself enough to say it.
- SMILE- i keep coming back to this one.But that's only cos its important.Wake up.put a smile on your face and a spare one in your bag just in case you need backup so you never lose your smile.
- TAKE- time to take care of your body.Eat healthy meals more often,exercise,drink loads of water,cut down on junk and eat more fruits and vegetables.
- PAMPER- yourself pretty! This is up to you.You can do anything you consider to be luxury or just something nice for yourself like a manny /peddy,facial treatment,get you an early birthday/Christmas present,or just get 30 extra minutes of sleep!
- TREAT- yourself like royalty.Forgive yourself and give you some time and space to improve in any areas of your life that you need to.
So please start now to truly love yourself.Don't wait for someone else to come along and do it for you cos its your job.
Quote- Love yourself.You deserve it.
Seven hugs to start your week,