Hello schweeties,hope you are having a lovely spring weekend.
This is my first food recipe post.I'm really excited and happy to share my little adventures in the kitchen with you.I love cooking and trying out new recipes(i collect cookbooks) i just like looking at good food,its one of my favorite things to do.
Hopefully i'll get better at naming food but until then,enjoy my ''some kinda beefy sauce'':)
- Buckwheat noodles(1 pack)
- Beef (500 grams)
- Tomato sauce
- Bell peppers(2 red and green)
- Jalapeno peppers(1)
- Carrot( 1 large one)
- Corn flour(3 tsp)
- Onions( 1 small)
- Seasoning of your choice
- Sugar(1/2 tsp)
- soy sauce / teriyaki sauce
- Bring some water to boil( enough for your noodles) add a pinch of salt and a tsp of vegetable oil.
- Add the noodle gently(please don't break them they are prettier long:)
- Cook for about 5 minutes(or until tender enough for you)
- drain and set aside.
- Chop the beef chunks into bite sized pieces,rinse and drain.
- Chop bell peppers,onions and carrots.
- Slice jalapeno pepper(you want round slices)
- Place a non-stick pan on medium heat and add about 3 tbs of vegetable oil then add onions.Cook until onions turn light brown.
- Add your beef and continue stirring.
- Add a few drops of soy sauce ant teriyaki (skip this if its not available)
- Stir until beef is completely cooked then add carrots.
- Add a little water (should almost cover the beef),then add about 4 tbs of tomato sauce.Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add bell and jalapenos and stir for about a minute.Then add your seasoning and pepper(to taste)
- Let the mixture come to a boil
- Mix cornflour with 1/2 cup of water and stir into sauce.Continue stirring until mixture thickens.
- sprinkle in 1/2 tsp of sugar and stir for another minute. and WE ARE DONE!
Is it weird that i like to drink juice out of wine glasses? :)
The brand of buckwheat noodles i used.
They are really thin and smell a bit like oatmeal..
And that's how you do it!
That's it guys.Hope you try and enjoy this simple recipe.
Total preparation time is about 30 minutes.
Quote-One of the nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever we are doing and devote our attention to eating.-Luciano Pavarotti
Remember to live,laugh and love.
One plate of love from my kitchen to yours,